- Section 43A of the Information Technology Act, 2000 (“IT Act”);
- Rule 4 of the Information Technology (Reasonable Security Practices and Procedures and Sensitive Personal Data or Information) Rules, 2011 (“SPDI Rules”); and
- Rule 3(1) of the Information Technology (Intermediaries Guidelines) Rules, 2011.
- What information we collect;
- How we collect and use that information;
- How you can provide information selectively, and how you can access and update this information; and
- How we process, share and protect your information.
- If You are accessing or using the Platform from any location outside India, You do so at Your own risk, and will be solely liable for compliance with any local laws, as may be applicable.
- We collect the following types of information about You, both through offline documentation that You may provide, as well as when You use Our Platform: User Information, Demographic Information, Technical Information, and Indirect Information (collectively, “Information”)
- While interacting with our Platform, you may share certain information with us, such as your name, email address, mobile number, your organization’s name, and title. All such information collectively falls under “User Information”.
- We may collect Information from you that is not exclusive but related to selected population characteristics. This falls under Demographic Information, which include designation, company name and current location.
- We may also collect Information about how you navigate our Platform, the device used to access the Platform (mobile, laptop, tablet, etc.), the operating system installed in that device, as well as usage statistics, traffic data, IP address and Information pertaining to the parts of the Platform you access. We also use various types of cookies. With the help of cookies, we acquire data related to your use of our Platform and the resources accessed by you. The cookies that We use are listed below:
- Some of the cookies we use are necessary to enable you to move around the Platform and use its features;
- We also use functional cookies to record Information about the choices you have made and to allow us to tailor the site to our users, for example, to remember your language or region. This Information is usually anonymized and is not used for any other purpose; and
- We or our service providers also use analytic services to help us understand how effective our content is, what interests our users have, and to improve how this Platform works. In addition, we use performance cookies to track how many individual users access this Platform and how often. This Information is used for statistical purposes only and it is not our intention to use such Information to personally identify any user.
- Your use of certain third-party services on the Platform also requires Us to collect such information as is considered necessary for that purpose (“Indirect Information”).
- The IT Act and the SPDI Rules regulate the collection, usage, retention and disclosure of personal information, which is defined under the SPDI Rules as any information that relates to a natural person, which, either directly or indirectly, in combination with other information available or likely to be available to a body corporate, is capable of identifying such person (“Personal Information”). Some of the Information collected by Us may qualify as Personal Information.
- In the event of a change in the law applicable to data protection in India, You hereby expressly consent to Our continued use, storage, collection and disclosure of Your Information including Personal Information to the fullest extent permitted under such applicable law. We may reach out to You for obtaining additional consents and approvals as required under the amended law and You will be required to comply with such requests. Should You choose to not provide Us with such additional consents and approvals, We may have to discontinue your access to the Platform.
- You may choose to not provide Us with or withdraw any or all information included under Personal Information, but in the event that You do so, We may be unable to allow you to access the Platform or otherwise avail services for the provision of which your information is being collected or processed.
Use of Information
- We use Your Information for the following purposes:
- To operate and improve the Platform in order to foster a positive user experience and to improve Our business as a whole;
- Analyzing data, tracking trends, building algorithms, creating databases for rating systems, recommendations engines, etc.;
- For non-targeting reasons such as frequency capping, compliance, information reporting or delivery, market research or product development purposes;
- To conduct audits and quality assessment procedures; and
- To analyze the use of Our resources and troubleshooting problems in relation to Our Platform.
- In addition to the above, We also use Your Information, including Personal Information, for the following purposes:
- For Our internal operational purpose such as record keeping, accounting and compliance with applicable taxation laws;
- For the purposes of recording information including dates times and locations at which Our Platform have been accessed by using various tracking technologies and thereby improve Our Platform and Your experience by providing You with relevant information based on the above. Your disabling of tracking technologies on the Platform by changing settings on Your smartphone and/or web browser may result in Your inability to use the Platform fully or at all;
- For providing You with regulatory updates which We believe are relevant for You;
- To invite You for seminars, webinars and workshops conducted by Us which We believe may be of interest to You;
- To comply with applicable law;
- To investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person, or as otherwise required by law;
- To respond to any queries that You may have, and to communicate information to You, including notifications of any alerts, any updates to the Platform; and
- To contact You from time to time to record Your valuable feedback on Our Platform, as they currently stand, and/or any potential services that may be offered in the futur
(Collectively, the above shall be referred to as “Purposes”)
- If You wish to opt out of receiving communications such as information regarding the Platform and/or any regulatory updates provided by Us, You may do so by emailing Us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Our processing of Your Personal Information in the context of Your visit to, and use of Our Platform are based on Our legitimate interests to operate an internet website and blogs for general information and communication purposes, to optimize Our website and blogs, and to protect it from attacks. Furthermore, Our processing of Your Personal Information for providing regulatory updates or conducting other business development activities serves the legitimate interests of the users to receive training in legal matters and know-how and serves Our legitimate interests to develop Our business and promote client relationships.
Disclosure of the Information
- We disclose Your Information including Personal Information, as the case may be, to third parties in the manner specified below:
- Disclosing Your Information including Personal Information to companies and individuals who are acting as our counterparties, consultants and advisors in relation to the Platform;
- Disclosing Your Information including Personal Information to companies and individuals who are authorized by Us to perform certain functions in relation to the Platform and/or Our business, including Our third-party service providers, consultants and professional advisors and insurers;
- We also share aggregated information about You with partners, other Platform users, and other third parties for the purpose of improving Our Platform;
- We may transfer Information including Personal Information to third parties, including persons outside India, in furtherance of the above; and
- We may disclose Your Information, including Personal Information, if legally required to do so, pursuant to an order from a governmental entity or in good faith. We will disclose the Information to:
- Conform to legal requirements or comply with legal process;
- Protect Our rights or property;
- Prevent a crime or protect national security; or
- Protect the personal safety of users or the public.
- The Third Parties may include:
- Any of Our agents, contractors or third-party service providers that process or will be processing Your Information, on Our behalf, including but not limited to those which provide administrative or other services to Us such as mailing houses, telecommunication companies, information technology companies and data centres; and
- Third parties, such as service providers, to whom disclosure by Us is for one or more of the Purposes and such third parties would in turn be collecting and processing Your Information including Personal Information for one or more of the Purposes.
Changes to Your Information
- You may review, correct, update, or change Your Personal Information on the Platform by emailing Us at: email@example.com.
- You may also request Us to delete Your Personal Information, and We will comply with such requests within a reasonable time, unless We are required to keep certain information for legal purposes.
- If You choose to delete Your Personal Information, or modify it in a way that is not verifiable by Us, or leads to such Personal Information being incorrect, We will be unable to provide You with access to Our Platform, and such a deletion or modification may be regarded as the user seeking to discontinue access to Our Platform.
- We reserve the right to verify and authenticate Your identity and Your Personal Information in order to ensure accurate delivery of services through the Platform.
- Access to, or correction, updating or deletion of Your Personal Information may be denied or limited by Us if it would violate another person’s rights and/or is not otherwise permitted by applicable law.
Security of Your Information
- RPV Legal is committed to safeguarding your privacy. Security parameters adopted by us include:
- We monitor and review our information collection, storage and processing practices, to prevent unauthorized access to systems;
- Only our employees, agents and service providers can access the Personal Information as they process it for us. They are required to strictly abide by contractual confidentiality obligations. Their relationship with us may be terminated, in case they fail to abide by the obligations.
- RPV Legal cannot be held responsible for any breach of security or for any actions of any third parties or events that lie beyond our reasonable control. These events include, but are not limited to, acts of the government, computer hacking, unauthorized access to computer data and storage device, computer crashes, breach of security and encryption, etc.
Retention of Information
ou agree and undertake to indemnify Us in any suit or dispute by any third party arising out of disclosure of information by You to third parties either through Our Platform or otherwise, and Your use and access of websites, applications and resources of third parties. We assume no liability for any actions of third parties with regard to Your Information or Personal Information which You may have disclosed to such third parties.
Grievance Officer and contact information
In accordance with the IT Act and rules made there under, the name and contact details of the Grievance Officer are provided below:
Mr. Waheb Hussaini
You may write to us at the following address:
2nd Floor, D-19, Geetanjali Enclave
New Delhi – 110017, India
Email him at: firstname.lastname@example.org